Monday, July 26, 2010

Rocker Redo

A few weeks back I went junk sale-ling with my friend Lizz who was in town visiting from St. Louis, MO. We stumbled upon a sale in a parking lot and started digging through the junk. I found this old broken rocker for only $3. All it needed was the leg spindle to be reglued back into the hole. That was easy enough. And I even got my husband to do that for me while I was juggling the other 5,572 projects I was working on.





After some trial and error* I primed and painted it antique white. I used a scrap piece of foam to comfort my tush and some of my favorite fabric to make me smile.

I now have this to rock the baby before bed:



Posted by Picasa


*How can I avoid brush strokes? And why does my mom's paint sprayer splutter?! Its a $100 sprayer from lowes. They used it to paint the outside of the house a couple years back. It works sometimes, but most of the time it splutters. :/

12 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love the back of the chair and the fabric is amazing!

    Have you tried cleaning out the nozzle on the sprayer? That might be it. And, to avoid brush strokes, you can use a roller or spray paint. I'm a big fan of spray paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love how this turned out! The new fabric is so fresh and fun!! What a fun way to update your old stuff! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing transformation! Great fabric choice. I can't believe you got it for only $3. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling rocker. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim I love your "new" rocker! That fabric is absolutely perfect! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the cutiest rocker!
    I like the fabric you chose~
    So: Rock On!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  8. that chair is beautiful!!! i love the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! LOVE that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rocker. The fabric is really cute. My advice for brush stroke is a really good brush. I I find its the key to a good finish coat. As for the sprayer, I don't have one but I do think the paint has to be thinned before using it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done... love the fabric too... thanks for sharing at the PoPP.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Please take a minute to let me know you stopped by. :)